DAKAR aSSISTANT pOSITION
How to Apply: Send email submissions with your resume, portfolio, website, and/or social media handles to info@spiritedpursuit(dot)com
Location: Based in Dakar, Senegal
Commitment: Available 10-15 hours per week
Compensation: Weekly Stipend, College Credit Available
Language: Fluent in English, French & Wolof
Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Solution driven individual with strong ability to take initiative and high attention to detail.
- Ability to stay organized, motivated, and maintain high level of urgency.
- Strong familiarity with Spirited Pursuit.com and its related social media platforms.
- Enthusiasm for travel, photography, and creative ideas paired with drive to execute.
- Knowledge and exposure to various social media platforms with strong interest in implementing new ideas and creative strategies.
- Excellent written communication and relationship building skills.
- Resourceful and innovative problem-solver with an enthusiastic, fun, go-getter attitude.
- Fast learner with ability to quickly adapt to new technology and digital platforms.
- Experience with Photoshop, Lightroom, and Indesign preferred but not required.
- Bonus but not required: prior experience in photojournalism, communications, social media management, or graphic design
- Assist with the operations of Marché Spirited Pursuit
- Act as market liaison for artisans and vendors to source products/fabrics.
- Assist with weekly schedule to fulfill orders.
- Draft, edit, and proofread new content for the Marché SP Journal.
- Assist with cultivating + developing our growing community via social media
- Maintain content calendar to meet publishing deadlines
- Pitch and implement new creative ideas
- Experiment with graphics to create promotional materials for social media
- Assist with formatting changes to Marchespiritedpursuit.com
- Reliable, efficient, and consistent with ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong and consistent internet connection
- Advanced writing + grammar skills with basic understanding of storytelling
- Multi-tasking ninja - ability to manage and deliver multiple projects at once
- Inquisitive; high level of curiousity with drive to see projects to completion